With cold weather, often comes a higher electrical bill, because you have to the run the heat longer and higher then normal. Below are some ways to warm up your house without overwhelming your bank account!
1. Rubber Weather Sealing: You can buy strips of self-stick rubber weather sealing at a hardware store or online. Cut long strips down to fit your window dimensions, then peel and stick to the frame to close any gaps and keep out drafts.
2. Window Insulation Film: You can buy window insulation kits from a hardware store or online. The kits usually include plastic shrink film that is applied to the indoor window frame with double-stick tape, then heated with a hair dryer to shrink the film and remove any wrinkles.
3. Cellular Shades: Cellular Shades insulate while still letting in light through the windows. They can be ordered and custom cut from home and design centers.
4. Layered Curtains: Use heavy fabrics or layered curtains over the windows to keep out drafts. But make sure that the curtains you get want bend or warp the currant curtain rode you have. Heavy layered curtains need a sturdier curtain rod.
5. Draft Snakes: Draft snakes are fabric tubes placed on a window sill or under a door to prevent cold air from creeping in. You can make one by sewing a tube of fabric to fit the width of your window and filling it with dried rice/ or pillow fluff. You can also buy these at places like Home Goods or Hobby Lobby!
We want to thank you for stopping by the Let's Fix It blog and we hope we have given you helpful advice! Please like us on Facebook and comment and share this blog! Until next time, Lets Fix It!